The 6th Bath City Conference is being planned for 13th October 2017.
The Bath City Forum will be working on arrangements for this years event. Details will be added to this page from mid June onwards.
For information on how to be involved in this years event contact email@example.com or follow us on twitter @yourbath2017
The 5th Bath City Conference took place at The Guildhall in Bath on 1st July 2016.
Over 300 people attended this years event which hosted over forty organisations who were present to show how they are working to improve the City of Bath.
A great range of discussions took place throughout the day:
- An update was provided from the Recreation Ground Trust.
- Sustainability Research project feedback was shared by the Bath Universities.
- Findings from the recent Bath Access and Mobility Consultation review were made available.
- The Clinical Commissioning Group ran a discussion on “Our vision for general practice”: how can GP surgeries work in partnership to transform health care in your community?
- The Alzheimer's Society ran a discussion on what it's like to live with dementia in Bath.
The day concluded with a busy question and answer session that saw the panel members discuss a number of different topics which included:
- Exiting the EU
- International Students
- Future policy of Central Government
- Issues that effect young people in Bath
- Dementia friendly Bath
- Sports and Arts in the City
- West of England Devolution
Panel members this year were:
- Stuart Hooper - Bath Rugby Captain 2011-2016
- Cllr Tim Warren - Leader of Bath & North East Somerset Council
- Ben Howlett - Member of Parliament for Bath
- Sue Mountstevens - Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner
- Caroline Kay - Chief Executive, The Bath Preservation Trust
This session was recorded and is available through this link: Bath Conference 2016 Ask the Panel